On the website http://www.edingtonagencies.com.au/, you will find a range of electric motors and other products that are used in various equipment and technologies that make people’s lives easier.
Can you imagine life without the motors that drive machinery to move? With the invention of electric motors, motion is easily realised.
Electric motors may seem like the smallest part of an entire engine or equipment but they play a vital role in ensuring a machine runs as designed.
Combined with the service & expertise offered on the website http://www.edingtonagencies.com.au/, electric motors will run without fail.
First, a bit about electric motors.
An electric motor is a kind of machine that is used to convert energy from mechanical and electrical. It works through the communication between the magnetic field and electric current and is triggered by either an AC or DC source.
An electric motor can be likened to a generator, except that the latter changes mechanical energy to electrical energy.
Such motors are classified based on construction, power source, motion, application, and output type. But the two main types of electric motors are the AC motor and DC motor.
What are the types of electric motors?
These mainly include:
- DC shunt motor
- Separately excited motor
- Dc series motor
- Dc compound motor
- PMDC (Permanent Magnet DC) motor
- Synchronous motor
- Induction motor
There are also special-purpose motors that were developed in order to provide solutions for a wide range of drive problems that standard variety can’t solve.
- Stepper motor
- Brushless dc motors
- Hysteresis motor
- Reluctance motor
- Universal motor
What are the applications of electric motors?
- General-purpose motors provide industries with the convenient mechanical power they need in their daily operations.
- The largest electrical motors are often used for pipeline compressions, ship propulsion, and pump storage applications.
- Small electric motors are used in electric watches.
- Industrial motors are used in blowers & pumps, industrial fans, household appliances, machine tools, and power tools.
- Some electric motors are used in reverse to recover energy. A good example of this is a motor applicable in regenerative braking.
- Electric motors are an essential device in motor vehicles and heating and cooling equipment.
There are many models of electric motors on the market. How they are used depends on the type, characteristics, and dimensions.
Advantages of electrical motors
Compared with normal engines, an electric motor is better for several reasons.
- Low cost compared with fossil fuel engines and shares a similar horsepower rating.
- Have longer lifespan because it is made up of moving parts designed to last long.
- Each motor is designed low maintenance yet reaches a capacity of up to 30,000 hours of use, especially when maintained properly.
- Designed extremely efficient and come complete with automatic controls for start and stop functions.
- Don’t use fuel, thus eliminating the need for engine oil maintenance.
Although not perfect, electric motors have more advantages than disadvantages. On that note, check out what products you can acquire from Edington Agencies and the services that go with them.
Visit http://www.edingtonagencies.com.au/ for more information.